Contacting Congress

Senators and House Representatives

All questions and comments can be directed to the Senator or Representative from your state.

Click here to search for your Senator

Click here to search for your Representitive

Below are sample letters that can be used to express your concerns. Please remember the letters that are hand-written or hand-addressed have a much greater impact, so hand-write the letter whenever possible.

Click here to download the Sample Letter #1.

Click here to download the Sample Letter #2.

Click here to download the Sample Letter #3. 

By Postal Mail
You can direct postal correspondence to your Senator’s or Representative’s office at the following address:
Office of Senator (Name)  or     Office of Representative (Name)
United States Senate        or     United States House of Representatives
Washington, D.C. 20510           Washington, D.C. 20510

By Telephone
Alternatively, you may phone the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121.  A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate or House of Representative office you request.
By E-mail
Some have e-mail addresses while others post comment forms on their web sites.  When sending an e-mail, please include your return postal mailing address.  Please be aware that as a matter of professional courtesy, many Senators and Representatives will acknowledge, but not respond to, a message from another Senator’s or Representative’s constituent.